This course aims to:
- Develop your multi-cultural leadership & management skills in an informative learning environment.
- Discover best-practice in diversity management & multi-cultural communication.
- Appreciate current business issues related to managing & leading in a multi-cultural workplace.
- Find Strategies for improving your cross-cultural communication
- Shape Ways to ensure success and limit failure with international assignments.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers at all levels
- Day One: The Meaning of Culture
- Our world today – the importance of demographics
- What is culture?
- Dimensions of culture
- Hofstede’s five value dimensions
- Understanding globalization
- Workplace and organizational culture
- Day Two: The Psychology of Culture
- Understanding personality
- Stereotypes and stereotyping
- Motivation and culture
- Multi-cultural communication
- Body-language and culture
- Multi-cultural negotiation
Day Three: Leadership & Management
- Theories of leadership & management
- Transformational & transactional management
- Developing a global mindset
- Culture and strategy
- Managing in multi-national companies
- Multi-cultural teams and teamwork
- Day Four: Managing diverse employees in a multi-cultural workplace
- The business case for cultural diversity
- Managerial roles in diversity
- Discovering cultural advantage
- Diversity and teams
- Nationalization programs
- Providing feedback and performance appraisal in a multi-cultural workplace
- Day Five: Current issues in international business
- International assignments and global career development
- Culture shock and global working
- International Human Resource issues
- Culture and decision-making
- Personal action planning